Last Updated: 1/13/2020
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide To Us
We may collect Personal Data you voluntarily provide directly to us, such as when you enter personal information, workout information, your health, fitness and/or body data, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us, as set forth below.
If you provide Personal Data through the Services, you acknowledge and agree that such Personal Data may be transferred from your current location to our offices and servers or those of our contractors located in the United States and other countries. However, we will cease using your Personal Data once you cancel or terminate your registration for the Services.
Information We Collect Through Your Use of Our Services
When you use our Services, we may collect information about you in the following general categories:
- Log Information: When you interact with the Services, we may collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
- HealthKit Information: Through the use of TrainStation, we may ask Users to share iOS Health app and/or Healthkit data (including date of birth, heart rate, height, sex, weight and workouts) (collectively “Healthkit Information”), which is data covered by this Statement. Users are not required to share this information and can choose not to provide this additional information by not entering it when asked. TrainStation also allows Users to send workout and exercise data from TrainStation to be written to Healthkit, should they choose to allow this. TrainStation maintains all HealthKit Information in accordance with Apple’s development guidelines.
- Location Data: The Services may include various location-based features, such as mapping outdoor fitness activities, or personalizing exercises based on the gym facility you are working out in. To provide these location-based features, we may collect, use and share location data, including the real-time geographic location of your mobile device, only when it is directly relevant to the features and Services provided by TrainStation. Location data is collected only with Users’ consent. For some third-party partners, this information will be shared automatically. For others, such as Facebook, this information will only be shared with your explicit permission or if you choose to share it.
- Information You Provide to Us: When you interact with the Services you may elect to provide your email address and other personal information.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to provide the Artificial Intelligence with as much data as possible to ensure the workout recommendations are as personalized and effective as possible for your specific fitness goals. Other examples include monitoring what Services you use, do not use, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, develop safety features, develop more effective algorithms, and send product updates and administrative messages.
- Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, research, and optimization; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of TrainStation and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards.
- Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
- Healthkit Information: We use Healthkit Information to further help generate dynamic workout plans personalized for you, and to provide you with a better understanding of your fitness. This information enables TrainStation to use more information to provide a better workout for you. Healthkit information is not used for marketing purposes or shared with third-parties for marketing.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share the information we collect about you as described in this Statement or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
- With third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us.
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our Services, or those with a Service with which we integrate.
- With third parties to provide you with relevant promotional offerings made by a third party or us.
- Certain aspects of your personal data may be shared with other users of the TrainStation App as part of the normal operation of the Services (for example your uploaded profile picture and biographical information may be accessible to other users). We also may create leaderboards of users, comprising all users or users meeting particular criteria as ranked by the number of workouts completed or using other criteria.
Your personal data will be kept only for as long as is necessary. We take reasonable industry-standard care in keeping all our data secure and in preventing any unauthorized access or unlawful use of it. All personal data we store and process is handled strictly in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
OTHER IMPORTANT SHARING
We may share your information:
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf (except that Healthkit information is not used for marketing purposes or shared with marketing partners);
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our User agreements, Terms of Service, or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of TrainStation or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; and
- In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
TrainStation will comply with an individual’s requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the personal data it stores in accordance with applicable law. However, it should be understood that our Services will necessarily collect, store, and utilize at least some components of Personal Data. If this is not okay with you, you should not utilize our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, about Services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. TrainStation does not share your personally identifiable information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless you provide us with consent to do so.
We may change this Statement from time to time. If we make significant changes in the way we treat your personal information, or to the Statement, we will provide you notice through the Services or by some other means, such as email. Your continued use of the Services after such notice constitutes your consent to the changes. We encourage you to periodically review the Statement for the latest information on our privacy practices.